- Patrika, Jabalpur: JEC students view on Skill Development fund announced Indian Budget2013
- Summer Internship at – Venture Hire Education Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Internship in networking domain at O-Zone Networks Pvt. Ltd – New Delhi
- Training at the Gun Carriage Factory, Jabalpur
- Fill Exam Forms & Fees Online – JEC Jabalpur
- Name: Srijit Sen, CSE 2015 batch
- Institute: JEC Jabalpur
- Type: Training
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Year: 2013
- Stipend Available: No
- Applicable for: Computer Science / IT
- Domain: Network (Cisco) and System administration (Linux)
- Organization interned with: HCL CDC (Hindustan Corporation Ltd. Career development Centre)
APPLYING for the internship – How, When, Where?
- Direct Registration of trainees for summer training is done at various parts of the country.You can get detailed information about the various centre at their website www.hcllearning.com and www.hclcdc.in, however I did it at their Bhopal centre.
In ONE LINE, express your Overall Experience about your internship?
- Enjoyable, refreshing, and an eye-opener learning experience
ONE THING, you LOVED the MOST
- The fresh Cisco and Red-hat books, the fact that I was in my home-town, and my beloved teacher. (Okay, that was three things.. :P)
- To be regular in the class.
- Build up network topologies and practice administrating them as many times as you can.
- Managing multiple virtual machine and installing OS through different techniques.
- Memorizing Linux commands and server configuration files.
- Creating and managing servers.
- 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM regular classes on weekdays
- Then Practice the new learnings at home
- Go to sleep
- Wake up, it’s a new day of the old cycle.
- Understanding of the internet’s internal working
- Routing and Switching Techniques
- Network Security
- Some basic hacking techniques
- Operating Linux through Terminal
- Server, User, Process, Hardware, Software and hard-disk management.
- Troubleshooting problems
FRIENDS, FOOD, TRAVEL and CITY
- FRIENDS: School friends,Coaching friends,Colony Friends, all in one place.
- FOOD: Mummy ke haath ka khana, besides that you have- Dominos, Pizza Hut, Subway,KFC, McDonald’s, Chatori Gali, Sagar Gaire.. etc. 😀
- TRAVEL: Bhojpur, Sanchi and various other dams around the outskirts of the city.
- CITY: DB mall, Upper and Lower Lakes, Manisha Lake,Tajul Masjid,Birla Mandir, Manu Bhawan Tekri, Sehatganj,VIP Road… etc.
Do you think your training or internship helped you professionally or personally ?
- Yes, definitely.
- Apart from Programming, these subjects very useful in understanding the hardware and software involved in the working of the internet and help build deep rooted concepts on networking.
- You become a member of the HCL community and they can really help you in developing your career.
- Courses are original red-hat and Cisco courses and if you pass the exam related to your subject, you get HCL certified certification, which can do a lot good to your resume.Plus these courses are job oriented courses.
- Instructors also help you in preparing for the tough CCNA and RHCE exams
Pre-Placement Offered : They can if opportunity arise.
Rate your internship/training: 7/10
Would you recommend it to your friends, juniors? : Yes
ANYTHING ELSE that wasn’t asked here?
- Do a good research before applying for any courses. See the future prospects, see whether you are interested in this field of work and also introduce yourself to the subject before you enroll.
- Prepare for the exam very well, cause the par percentage to achieve certification is 60% and the questions can be tricky.
- Some disadvantages: Courses can be long and expensive, the management is too much organized which can slow the proceedings (like exam dates, arrival of books etc.).
- The Noida branch is much better.
Leave your comments below, would love to answer your questions.