- Internship Story of E&TC Alumnus at Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- B.E./MCA Time Table All semester 2013 JEC Jabalpur
- Internship Story of E&TC Alumnus at DMRC – New Delhi
- Summer Training at HCL Career Development Centre, Bhopal
- Patrika, Jabalpur: JEC students view on Skill Development fund announced Indian Budget2013
- Name: Abhay Mudgal, Information Tech 2014
- Institute: JEC Jabalpur
- Type: Internship
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Year: 2013
- Stipend Available: No
- Applicable for: Computer Science / IT
- Domain: Software Development
- Organization interned with: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Jabalpur
APPLYING for the internship – How, When, Where?
- There is no permanent office of TCS in jabalpur. For its MPSEB project it has established a temporary office till the project finishes .
- This opportunity came from our college itself. Students who were having a degree of 75% got the chance to be short-listed by our institute.
- We were then interviewed by the TCS Associates working at TCS, Jabalpur prior to joining .
- In my pre-internship interview they asked me simple basic questions about the work I was supposed to do over there .
- Questions were mainly from DBMS and Java.
In ONE LINE, express your Overall Experience about your internship?
- It was a great experience .One gets to learn and have a face-off with the corporate culture and their working .
ONE THING, you LOVED the MOST
- Hands-on experience of some good tools which industry uses.
- Worked on JSP.
- Also worked on data migration module which included the ORACLE part.
- We use to reach there at 10 AM and then the work to be done was allotted to each of us on a daily basis.
- On an average we worked for 8 hrs. a day, which may even extend to 10 hrs. when the work load was heavy.
- I got to know practical implementation of my subjects like DBMS, Computer Networks.
- The scale on which they work is large.
- Good exposure to industry technologies and works.
- Secondly assisting in a real life project gave us an exposure of different technologies used and the process how actual implementation is done.
FRIENDS, FOOD, TRAVEL and CITY
- Not an outstation location.
- We were in the TCS Jabalpur office itself, everyone knows about this city well .
Do you think your training or internship helped you professionally or personally ?
- On professional grounds , it adds up to your resume.
- You can talk about it during your interview and it gives you a cutting edge over others in a cut throat competition during campus placements.
Pre-Placement Offered : No
Rate your internship/training: 7/10
Would you recommend it to your friends, juniors? : Yes
Leave your comments, would love to answer your questions!