- Name: Mech’14
- Institute: JEC Jabalpur
- Type: Internship
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Year: 2012
- Stipend Available: No
- Applicable for: Mechanical / Production
- Domain: Construction,Manufacturing,Transportation
- Organization interned with: Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), Simplex Infrastructures Ltd.
APPLYING for the internship – How, When, Where?
- Applications can be dropped to their Mumbai office.
- If you have any personal contact of their management department then its the most viable way.
In ONE LINE, express your Overall Experience about your internship?
- Exhausting, Exhilarating, Industrious and Strenuous.
- Had on-site explore to girder manufacturing & transportation
ONE THING, you LOVED the MOST
- Big Cranes, Big Trucks.
- Here you have everything you can watch on an episode of ‘Interesting Engineering’.
- Process Observation
- Table keeping
- Labour supervision
- Since most of the work was night time as traffic had to be stopped.
- In day time we went for in-situ girder workshops and stayed there till 2:00 PM.
- At around 11:00 PM the transport of girders and lifting took place to about 4:00-5:00 AM in the morning.
- At the end of the day, you are exhausted.
- As a mechanical engineer you do require basic knowledge.
- But the hands-on experience we had taught us that you ought to have patience,stamina,keen observation and wide perception of things.
FRIENDS, FOOD, TRAVEL and CITY
- Well It was Mumbai, the city never sleeps.
- Rain can mess up with your plans, Juhu beach in the dead of night.
- Local transport is a little clumsy but overall a pleasant stay.
- A friend arranged for the stay and accommodation.
Do you think your training or internship helped you professionally or personally ?
- A exposure worth having to see what it takes to work on field at one of the largest Metro Rail Network to be built in India or as a matter of fact in the world
- Pre-Placement Offered : No
- Rate your internship/training: 8/10
- Would you recommend it to your friends, juniors? : Yes